Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Johnporsche
10-27-2001, 03:42 AM
Hi everyone, I am a brand new Porsche Boxter owner. I absolutely love the car! I am interested in getting a hardtop for the boxter. What are your thoughts?
And Where do I get it?
Does car need additional work to install it?
And is it worthwhile for me to get it?
Help me out here
Thanks

smaz
10-27-2001, 10:39 AM
mine "came" with one, but i made the dealer take it out of the deal and glad. i can't imagine a situation where i would want it. of course, i do live in so. california. the dealer said i'd want it for long drives to keep the noise down. wrong, i always want to have the flexibility to open the top. plus i was worried about where i'd put it when it wasn't in use. i think my dealer was just trying to unload it. they may be more useful in other areas of the country.

FMR
10-28-2001, 08:34 PM
I don't have one (a hardtop), and have never missed having it. Unless you are worried about the elements (cold weather) and protecting the softtop..I don't think it is worth the money.

hookipa18
11-22-2001, 03:42 AM
I have one and like it. I live in Switzerland and use it in the winter Nov-Mar. I especialy like it for long drives on the autobahn at high speed +200km/h, less noise! I think it also looks verry good.
I also use Dunlop M2 winter tyres (255 back, 205 front). A lot of fun to drive the boxster in the mountains with snow!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index