Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Charlie
11-04-2001, 08:44 PM
If anyone is selling a 1978-82 911 SC, please email me.

Marcus Hain
11-13-2001, 05:23 AM
Charlie: You may want to concider my 1982 911SC Targa. I bought the car from a mechanic who serviced exotic cars last January. The car was well taken care of. Unfortunatly because he did all the work on it I don't have any service records other than the work I've had done. The car is midnight blue in color. The condition of the paint is very good except for the right door and right front fender. These areas need to be repainted to make the car look pristine. The rubber seals and molding look brand new except the windshield seal and it is in good condition. The interior is in good condition for an 82 SC. It is tan/buckskin in color. Leather dash and seats and some of the trim. The driver seat has a small tear in it--rather--a seam has torn on the seat about 2 1/2 inchs. I put some tape on it to keep it from tearing any further. I than put sheep skins over both seats. The dash is in fair condition. Its warped in some strange places. If you didn't know much about older 911's you wouldn't know that it was warped. That's because the warps almost look like they should be there. The rear deck (where the rear speakers are)is warped but could be redone fairly easy I'm told. I've got P7000 ZR-16s supersports with just 4000mi on them all the way around. The rim sizes are: Front 7x16 Rear 8x16 fuchs. The targa top looks almost brand new. The prior owner told me that the cluch and the chain tensioners were replaced @ 60000mi. The car now has 92000mi. I get compliments on it's appearence all the time. Most people think that it is a much newer Carrera like a 87 or 88. But probably the cars best feature is the way it runs and drives. I've driven several SC's and this one is by far the tightest and newest feeling oneI've driven. The motor just purrs-like a swiss watch. This was the deciding factor in buying this car over others Iwas concidering. Why am I selling the car? I just bought a 1983 930 and I don't have the kind of money to keep both cars maintained,insured and the time to drive them. But let me tell you this. I'm not trying toohard to sell the car and in fact if someone offered me the right money for my 930 I would sell it instead of my SC--Its that much fun to drive!!! But I'll listen to any reasonable offer because I need to sell one or the other. Even If you don't buy mine I wish you the best of luck in getting one - if you get the right one there a blast to drive. I've had several mechanics say that the SC s were the most trouble free 911 that porsche made. I really don't think that you will regret it- but do your homework!!!! Marcus

Nelson Morais
11-13-2001, 11:29 PM
How much Marcus?

Marcus Hain
11-14-2001, 11:45 AM
Nelson: I'll be honest with you. Like I stated in my response to Charlie inquire: I really like this car.That said its by far not perfect. In addition to the the items listed I failed to mention that the car has (had) A/C. I've never used it because (1) I've never needed it. (2)the knob for the fan has fallen off and I can't find it. Most likely the A/C needs a recharge at min. and complete rebuild at max. But to get to the point of your question: I had it informaly apraised by 2 different experienced Porsche mechanics. Both said that the over all condition is excellent. In the condition it is in and if everything was perfect they thought that it would be worth between $17000 - 17500. But of course its not perfect. If I was really hard up to sell I'd put it on the market for $13500 and it probably would sell fairly quick--maybe....But like I stated I really don't want to sell it that bad so I'm willing to wait until someone gets interested in it at about $14500 to $15000 range because thats what its worth to me. I hope that answers your question. If you are really,really interested in it I could send some pic's to you via snail mail. If so email me. Thanx Marcus.

Chris
11-20-2001, 12:56 PM
I have a 78' Euro model Targa for sale. Red/Black , 156k miles, very solid mechanically. I'm purchasing a house, and need a down payment.
Chris
drpicklo@yahoo.com

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index