Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MadAboutMyM3
11-10-2001, 02:36 PM
Picked up car Friday 2nd November. Done just over 800 miles and can't wait till 1200 mile service.

Car is awsome.

Having Diamond system (Dual amps, two Mac Daddy 10inch Suns and HEX components for the front) fitted next week (5 day install - perspex and neon in boot!!, stealth in car).

Also have Schnitzer alluminium kit (pedal set, handbrake cover and flor mats) on order for install for next weekend.

Finally going to have light grey seat and door inserts for two tone interior.

Will post more pics later!

MadAboutMyM3
11-10-2001, 02:40 PM
anyone willing to host pics for me???

Will mail to you for post on board.

Thanks

Pasko
11-10-2001, 03:38 PM
Mr. MadAboutYourM3

I have a 2001 M3 and waiting for a new 2002 M3 with SMG. Tell me about SMG when stopping at a stop light in an up-hill position.
What do you do? Do you keep your foot on the brake pedal or on the gas pedal while waiting for the light to turn green? Here in the States people start slow. I have to constantly play with the clutch when stuck in a line of cars once the line starts moving. That's because the cars ahead of me are slow and the M3 wants to be fast. So I wonder how will I do that with SMG that does not have the clutch.
I know that the only way for me to learn is to drive the car, and I cannot wait, love the idea of SMG. But any advise that you have will help
Thanks
Pasko

MadAboutMyM3
11-10-2001, 03:56 PM
SMG II has a neat feature which allows you to start up hill after coming to a standstill with th eminimum of rollback.. Here's how it works:

1. Come to a stand still and stand on the brakes.
2. pull on the left paddle for approx 2 sec's.. The car revs to ~1.5k
3. When traffic starts to move you lift off the brakes and the car will maintain it's position (with the slightest of rollback - a few inches) for ~ 2 seconds.
4. Apply throttle to move forward...

That simple!

It's an awsome machine and SMG II is the icing on the cake!!

Keep the faith and you'll love it when you get it.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index