Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

02-cb-m3-4me
11-10-2001, 11:06 PM
Well i guess ill start from the beginning, in april of 2000 I went to the NY auto show. I saw the M3 and fell in love, next day i was at Bayside BMW leaving my deposit for the M of my dreams. March of 2001 comes along, M3 comes loaded with every option except rear side impact airbags and is carbon black on black. She finally came in....Then dealer decides to give me a $12000 sticker markup. To make a long story not so long i took my deposit back and went to Rallye Motors in roslyn, NY that same day. He told me for a mere $5000 markup i could have the car in 3-4 months. I agreed and signed all paper work necessary. August came around(thats 5 months after i signed papers) and my car finally came in. Im talkin to business manager and come to find out my M3 this time was built without Nav...completely unacceptable. So i reordered the car, now it would be a 2002 and week 45 build, not that long. So i wait and on october 30th my 3rd M car finally came in.......With my luck, or the dealers stupidity(defintly this one), this time, no width adjustable bolsters, so im thinkin no problem no big deal they replace the seats and all is well...Come to find out dealer does not want to replace seats and calls it a safety issue saying that if they install seats incorrectly and i get into an accident and seat comes loose rallye will not be around anymore. This translates to they don't want to eat the cost of the seats therefore we(as in rallye motors) are no doing it. So what do i do.. i reorder car once again last nite... this morning i was thinkin..let me call a few dealers.. i found a dealer that has a buyer backout at status 111 and is available at msrp. I go there today and finally go for my first ride in an M3. For all those waiting for their M3 and haven't riden in one yet... trust me its completely worth the wait.... so i reordered the M3 and this time i finally have a good feeling about my dealer(habberstad bmw)
So what do we learn from all this... Avoid Bayside BMW and rallye motors at all costs and go to BMW of Manhatten or Hassel or habberstad(my choice) BMW instead. By the way if anyone is interested, there should be a '02 cb/blk M3 with every option except smg 2 and width adjustable bolsters available at rallye motors. Just make sure u don't pay over msrp...not worth it anymore when u can get a M3 built to your specs in 2 months...
One question though... how do i order rear sunshade.. i just tell them option code 415 and tell them to special order it right??

tryin for the 4th time for the M
joe
02 cb/blk cpe

GregW in Oregon
11-10-2001, 11:15 PM
Quite a saga, with emotional ups and downs. I got on my dealer's (Rasmussen, Portland) list in 4/99 at the #7 spot. MSRP was put in writing. One dropped out, and I finally fot my car (May build) in late June. It was a tough wait, but I would have had a breakdown if i couldn't accept the car when it came in the first time, let alone 3 times! Good luck on this one--it is worth it (4k mi. on mine now).

02-cb-m3-4me
11-10-2001, 11:23 PM

jacob
11-10-2001, 11:29 PM
only three month wait in atlanta, and there is an imola red on the lot here with black interior..at msrp..dont get ripped the hype of dealers jacking prices is over..take your business somewhere else..we just bought one by luck..they had one on the lot

DakarBoy
11-10-2001, 11:40 PM

02-cb-m3-4me
11-10-2001, 11:45 PM
i saw the first VIR report from rallye (the M3 without nav) and it showed nav.. it just wasn't in the car... BMWNA had no explanation for this...who knows why it happened...all i kno is if it happens again, ill have to go postal on someone...

Joe
02'cb/blk cpe

GregW in Oregon
11-10-2001, 11:50 PM
vot something with bullets! :-)

02-cb-m3-4me
11-10-2001, 11:55 PM

loki
11-11-2001, 12:28 AM
#1 get everything in writing.
#2, get VIRs (as mentioned), they will verify your M3 and it's
options.

I've had no problems (knock on wood) when doing any of these...
there's no argument when you have it in black and white.

4th times a charm? :)

good luck!

YLDTHNG
11-11-2001, 12:44 AM
I've had major problems with both dealerships, but the guys at rallye take the cake

lk
11-11-2001, 01:43 AM

StoneWalk
11-11-2001, 02:04 AM
There is zero excuse for these "the car got misordered" fiascos.

A simple process is right there to prevent it.

1. You go to your dealer and spec your car
2. Your dealer types in the options to the order entry system (from whence they are forwarded to the factory)
3. Your dealer prints you a VIR (Vehicle Inquiry Report)
4. Now both you and your dealer are protected from mis-understandings - it's in writing what was ordered.

You can review and make sure what you wanted was what got sent to the factory.

Sorry about your troubles - hope it all works out well in the end. I feel doing business with a gouging dealer was bad karma from the very start.

StoneWalk
11-11-2001, 02:32 AM
This is the first report I've ever seen of a VIR not being followed. Only usual reason would be if the dealer or BMWNA edited the order after entry, of which there should be a record in their system I would think...

Oh well. As I said - hope they get it right for you.

your options - MrLucky
11-11-2001, 08:53 AM
The BMWNA customer service rep will be happy to read your list of options over the phone. They are tapping the same system that prints the VIRs, so unless the rep is loopy, it's the real deal.

This is useful for those of us (a majority, it seems) who do a lot of option fiddling and have exhausted their salesperson's patience with repeated requests for VIRs.

The BMWNA reps appear not to have the gene for annoyance.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index