Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

EMTREY
11-12-2001, 10:16 AM
do the 2002 cabs have the clown nose mirror already on the
car--if so, can clown nose be enabled without having alarm--
hard to tell whn looking at key options on ste-up sheet..
NE1 know about this....

...RPM3
11-12-2001, 10:19 AM

EMTREY
11-12-2001, 10:29 AM
Thanks--do you have alarm---someone suggested it can be step to blink
without having alarm---also...saw tiS/grey cab (NOT MINE) on lot
this weekend--looked great in the flesh--even better than your pictures...

...RPM3
11-12-2001, 10:37 AM
Yup I have it. I've heard you can have it set to blink without the alarm. From what I understand they have to set it from the security screen of the car/key memory. I wouldn't be surprised if BMW was hesitant to do it though.

I think the alarm is worth it...$500 for a 50k car, isn't a lof of money for the extra protection. You get a tilt and interior motion sensor also in case you are in the habit of leaving your windows down a bit on warm days.

Also thr tilt sensor is a good thing to have since it is pretty much the only way to steal a BMW ( by towing ).

Also I had them disable the arm/disarm through the door lock as an extra precaution.

Good luck in your decision.

mike
11-12-2001, 10:39 AM
50k car..more 60k+, I didnt know the alarm was additional. I just picked up mine saturday and havent really gone through everything. So you are telling me I need to spend another 500 to have a BMW factory alarm installed. Didnt know that was just a keyless entry system that came stock.

...RPM3
11-12-2001, 10:59 AM
I'm not telling you to do anything...I'm just telling you what I did. And you are right more like 70 minus than 60 plus. Pretty stupid that it doesn't come with an alarm...if they were smart they would put it on all their cars, in hopes that it would make them harder to steal...therefore lowering insurance rates and making them more affordable to more people.

EMTREY
11-12-2001, 11:12 AM
yep--its true--alarm is extra- cabs and coupes---
can buy kit and install it yourself--supposedly not
too difficult---aftermarket alarms require another
fob-can not use keyless tramitter from BMW key--
can not be hot-wired but alarm does add motion and
tilt sensor--dealer advised me not to bother--can not
decide....hopefully picking mine up this week...

ex95M3Boi
11-12-2001, 11:13 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index