Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Cabby
11-12-2001, 10:39 AM
I've been on my dealer's list for about 8-9 months now and am currently 31st after the whole SMG list fiasco. Anyhow, at this point I was considering waiting until the 2003's come out for several reasons.....

1. SMG guinea pig isn't something I really want to be
2. Hopefully they will change the following things:
a. CD player behind the NAV screen
b. DVD based NAV
c. Angel eyes.....in my dreams
3. Allow some more flexibility with color choices/options (e.g. folding side mirrors, sun shade, etc)
4. They will get their head out of their a$$ and not force you to get PDC with SMG

Seeing as a lot of us still have a long time to wait, do you think they might consider changing some of these things for 2003?

'face-lift' risk...atyclb™
11-12-2001, 10:42 AM

Cabby
11-12-2001, 10:52 AM
They must know the demand for that is through the roof at least for an option.....

William
11-12-2001, 11:01 AM

0 Daysto go\\\\\\\\\\\\BeeBee
11-12-2001, 11:05 AM
Because it hasn't hit the States yet - it's been in Europe since Week 26 or something and works just fine....

All I can say is, as soon as you can get it - GET IT....

Any delay is only wasted time

GregW in Oregon
11-12-2001, 11:25 AM
next upgrade, but you can wait forever and there will always be something newer around the corner. I'd say get it at your first opportunity. There are no major issues that I know of.

Cabby
11-12-2001, 11:29 AM
Don't get me wrong, if I could spec it out tomorrow, I would. But seeing as how I'm 31st after all this time, it's going to be awhile and if I have to wait an extra month to get a 2003, by the time by number comes up, I probably would. It would depend on the changes of course, but I rather have the next model year. A month longer wait after a year a half wait isn't that much.

Jason
11-12-2001, 11:43 AM
Why not look for a better spot? Last week someone just handed over a spot to spec immediately @ MSRP for free. According to someone in my area, my local dealer already had an allocation and no one on the wait list, it was first come, first serve. Even Fred Malone in DC had 4 cars for immediate sale at MSRP last week.

Heidelberger
11-12-2001, 11:47 AM

Cabby
11-12-2001, 11:50 AM
Couple reasons....I want to spec the car myself, I don't want someone backed out on this car blahblahblah, for that kind of money, I want the options I pick, not someone else's...

I want a local dealer, which doesn't seem to be a problem, I live right outside DC.

I had a good relationship with Heishman, though I'm willing to switch now based on their latest behavior....

I really didn't want to get my car in the middle of winter, I wouldn't drive it in the snow.

I have 2 other cars as it is, and there is really no rush for me.

If you do have a DC connection, please email me privately, I would be interested, thanx!

Jason
11-12-2001, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't get too hung up on the local dealer issue. I'm not saying buy a car from California, but don't rule out dealers an hour and half away. I would go to BMWUSA.com and access the dealer listings and call the dealers in that radius. I would say you have a good shot in finding an April delivered car which would be right in time for summer. The problem with you waiting for a 2003 model is that you won't get it until Oct which is right in time for winter. Considering you won't drive the M3 in the winter, with an '03 model you won't be driving an M3 until Apr '03 which is 18 months from now!! If I were you I would look to get a car to drive this summer.

...M3FAN8IC
11-12-2001, 12:45 PM
I was just there last night drolling over all of them... can't wait to get mine....

Cabby
11-12-2001, 01:32 PM
I want a dealer with a good reputation for taking care of their customers, that's why I started with BMW of Arlington....I'm doubting that decision now. I've heard a lot of bad things about other dealerships in the area, makes me wonder...

Cabby
11-12-2001, 01:32 PM

...M3FAN8IC
11-12-2001, 01:48 PM
work for UUNET also...what campus???

Cabby
11-12-2001, 01:53 PM
I work at the Ashburn campus....

.....M3FAN8IC
11-12-2001, 02:01 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index