Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

wouba
11-12-2001, 07:26 PM
If i do the proper break in along with schedual maint. but drive this car hard, will thie engine last more than 4 yrs? i might lease over buying just because i know i want to drive this car hard...

wouba
11-12-2001, 08:00 PM

StoneWalk
11-12-2001, 08:04 PM
But like all makers, there have been some models that did have weak spots. Early 540i's had troubles with the block if I recall, and yes there were the oil consumption troubles with M5's which might lead to long term reliability issues.

But in the vast majority of M cars, the engines are good for as much as 200k miles if well cared for.

Building good engines is BMW strong point. The electronics is usually what goes first in thoroughly used examples.

I would not expect any problems in so little as 4 years, and if you did have serious trouble at or prior to that point, it would have been covered and likely corrected under warranty.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index