Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

lennyM3inSB
11-15-2001, 04:07 PM
Would appreciate opinions. Looking to buy e46, as I have buyer for my current E36 m3. Looking at used 01's, high 40's, new 01's, around 50, or new 02's 53 range. Opinions on best value? Do I save 5k-7k and buy used 01 w3-8k miles, or go new. If new, should I pay the extra few G's for 02 over 01? Is 02 less likely to have rear end problems? Lastly, will non SMG 02 take a hit as SMG cars become available? Appreciate input as I will be keeping car for years to come.

Zapper
11-15-2001, 04:23 PM
string of problems and they are already considered "last year's" model. Conseqeuntly the money you save on the 01 you will lose at the time of trade it... I don't know how much you care, but the 02s have different trim, a larger nav screen, lighter bumpers, and some other differences here and there.

Also with a car like an M3 it is always nice to know that you broke it is properly and it was not thrashed for the first 2k miles of its life and then sold to some unknowing sap... JMO...

I personally don't think non-smg cars will take a hit (they will be worth less because the cost less in the begining). There will be people (at least for now) who will want both kinds of trannies...

lennyM3inSB
11-15-2001, 04:35 PM
Thanks Zapper, is rear end problem mostly on 01, or is 02 just as likely to have it?

Zapper
11-15-2001, 04:43 PM
But an extra year of R&D by BMW could not have hurt the car any...

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index