Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Scott
11-19-2001, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know of a way to change the awful orange/amber interior lights to something else? I would like to see blue interior lights similar to the VW Jetta and Passat. Also, can the 6 disk CD changer be installed anywhere besides the trunk where it can be accessible to driver and passengers while moving?

multisync
11-19-2001, 01:41 PM

s4play (Bar Area Representin!)
11-19-2001, 02:13 PM
Scott,

As they say...anything is possible with money but truthfully, it would probably be way to expensive since most modern cars use fiber optics for dash lighting as opposed to the older cars with just bulbs which you can easily swap. I also love the VW Jetta type lighting but I think it's something you will have to live with this time. I used to have an S4 and love the red gauges/white needles but don't think it's easy to change it.

The changer however is easy. All you have to do is remove it and then re-route the changer cable anywhere you see fit. I'm working on my custom Alpine TV/DVD installation right now but prelim checks note that the glovebox is way too small so my best advice would to locate the changer on the rear deck area. Position the changer sideways so the loading door faces the left/right side. That way, you can access the unit by folding one of the seats back.

Other than that idea, my only other suggestion is to take it to a stereo shop and see what custom location they can determine but most likely, you will need to cut the interior which is a big no-no for me.

Rick

99 Yamaha R1
99 Black GS400
02 Yellow IS300 (5-speed)
00 Black S4 (sold)
02 Black M3/Imola Red interior (no SMG)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index