Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

pkartes
12-21-2001, 11:25 PM
I have been reading the list lately and have not seen a lot of positive things stated about the Boxster. My question is this, I currently own a BMW M Roadster and want to purchase either an M-coupe or a Boxster. I have test driven both and they both have their qualities. My inner child is telling me to get the Boxster because it is a Porsche.

I am planning on doing several track schools and AutoX with it. Has anybody done either with both?
Thanks for the info

Paul

Robert
12-22-2001, 07:32 PM
Ive driven both at the Streets of Willow Track. The Boxster S was much more easy to drive on the track and it was much more fluid and gracefull in the turns. Where ever I pointed the Boxster S. It went. Withe M Coupe. You have to muscle and slide it around to get the same track times as the Boxster S. the M Coupe was alot of fun because I got to do this. But, If I were purely concerend with the quickest lap times with the least amount of fuss. I would get a Boxster S.

Ken
12-23-2001, 01:11 AM

dj-bmw328
12-26-2001, 06:57 AM
I am a frequent autocrosser. Signed up for a couple of Evolution autocross schools as sponsored through the BMWCCA this past year. The Evo instructors were all ranked pretty highly nationally in SCCA SOlo II -- and all prefered the Boxster.

EUROPWR
12-30-2001, 06:18 AM
It could if it were alowed in the states, but its not, so it cant.

Adam Hicks
01-14-2002, 07:20 PM
A 911 without hairdryers will most likey get beat by the 2001 M Coupe (US version at 315 HP) If not, it's gonna be a tie.

I've driven both and like the go-kart fun of the M Coupe, but on the other had I like the balance of the Boxter. Even though the M Coupe is 50/50, it doesn't feel quite like the Boxter (but I actually like swinging my a$$ around corners every now and then...)

Plus they say the M Coupe will beat the Porsches at Nürburgring... but I'm sure the right WRX driver could beat me in either the Porsche or the BMW on that track. :)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index