Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

2lt. Brignoli
12-28-2001, 04:00 PM
I'm looking at a '78 911 SC with 91,000 miles on it. It has the whale tail, the wide body additions (turbo look), 17" Cab2 wheels, alarm, pow windows & locks. The dealer is asking 18,500. I have been looking around the web and that looks a little expensive. I have the VIN #. Is this a reasonable price and is there a website where I can better research this? Thanks

john
01-04-2002, 04:05 PM
excellence magazine is a good reference for how much cars are worth and they have a editon that tells what the car goes for form fair to excellent condition. these cars can vary in price drastically. but you get what you pay for. that car does have some upgrades that were exspencive to do. the tail alone is 1000 dollars. the rims are a good amount of money and the widebody conversion is very exspensive, done right. if the car is in excellent shape the price is not to bad. the 3.0 motor is a great motor as far as logevity but i have an 83 with a 3.0 and i am taking it out and dropping a turbo motor in to it. the 3.0 gets out of its own way but is a little down on power for me. but the motor maintained will last forever. remenber you get what you pay for if you see one cheaper and needs this and that, before you no it you can spend more than if you would have bought the one in better shape for.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index