Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : VIN # question

John C. Adams
01-02-2002, 03:40 PM
I have recently purchased a 1979 Porsche 911SC. The VIN# is 91A0130707. The engine code is *6300427* (best I could make out without removing the AC compressor bracket). The manufacture date on the door jamb tag says the car was built in 1978. Can anyone tell me more about the car from the VIN# ? I found one reference that says the car is a 1980 ? This car was driven and serviced in Germany before being imported to the US. Were the non-US porsche vin #'s different? The emission control system is an air pump, not the lamda system. Window trim is black. It does not have the side markers on the fenders. As best I can tell it's a 1979? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Martin
01-03-2002, 06:32 AM
Jhon
Below is a link to Porsche's Chassis Number decoder site.
I've checked it according to some books I have and it's a right decoder.
According to the VIN you gave, the car is a 1980 !
Good Luck
Martin

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index