Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rob
01-02-2002, 06:25 PM
It starts nice then the rpm drop to 450 and it stalls, after 10 or so starts it runs at 450 rpm . it dose not run on all cylinders untill it reches 3000 rpm`s .Warm ,hot 450 rpm`s idle.
3000 on rebuild motor. Distributor and cd box was done too.

Dan Brosman
01-02-2002, 09:31 PM
When a SC engine is first started it should run at 1,500-1,700 RPM, within 30 seconds to one minute it should start dropping and by 2 minutes it should have a smooth idle at 1,000RPM.
Start by puting a fuel pressure gauge on the warm-up regulator, disconnect the plug from it, open the air by-pass a turn or two, fire the engine, note the fuel pressure, it should be 1.5-1.7 bar cold. adjust the idle to about 1,500 with the air by-pass and plug in the wire to the warm-up regulator. Watch the pressure it should start rising and the idle should start coming down. The pressure should settle about 3.4-3.6 bar. The idle should settle at 1000, If this doesn,t happen or you don't know what I'm talking about, get in your car and take it to a Porsche Tech.
Dan

Robert
01-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Thanks Dan for the info , but
the car starts nice at 2000 to 2500 rpm and arter 2to 5 seconds it drops to 450 and if its cold it will stall after 5 seconds . after few starts it runs longer but still at 450 rpm and the exelerator those not respond ,will not go higher in rpm`s till reaching high temperature.
I do not have a full pressure gauge ,but when i disconnected the electrical plug from it the car started runing at hi warm-up rpm`s but when i pluged the wire back in and started ,it was runing at 450 ,
What you think ,
i took apart the warm up regulator and it looks ok.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index