Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bill
01-07-2002, 07:17 PM
How many of you ordered the nav option your M3? How accurate is it for the downtown area and the surrounding suburbs? Thoughts on how the interior appears with it. Also any general likes or dislikes with the system.

Only option that I am on the fence with. I passed earlier on a allocation, and I cant for my name to come up again.

Thanks for any info & pics you guys can provide.

VrooMPoweR
01-07-2002, 08:00 PM

Grimlok
01-07-2002, 08:03 PM
I went without the NAV system, but I hear you can get software that plays MP3's with it, so that's good... Other than that, I like driving. So if I've got to drive around a bit to find my destination, then so be it. The system isn't worth the price IMO. That and I find Chicago fairly easy to navigate, at least the south and west sides.

///M
01-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Bill,

A friend of mine just received an IR coupe with Navigation. I must say, although it costs a good amount of money, it really fits in well with the car. In addition, the software itself provides a comprehensive view of metropolitan chicago and it's surrounding suburbs. I definately would recommend buying it if it's within your budget. Another neat feature of the navigation that I thought was interesting is that the cassette deck is behind the navi. When you want to play a tape, it actually folds down automatically to reveal the deck.

Also, I have heard that you can opt to play DVD's on the navigation as well. But, in regards to functionality, I found that the software was comprehensive and definately worth the extra $.

Andy

M3Fan
01-07-2002, 10:38 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index