Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

cb-m3-4me
01-13-2002, 10:25 PM
If its Zaino which products do i need to give my M3(carbon black) the wet look? If Zymol, which type(concours, carbon, vintage, etc..)?? I picked up my M3 on the 10th and im personally not very happy with detail the dealer gave me, i found cosmoline still on car so now i want to make the detail perfect. Ill post before and after pics. Thanx in advance

Joe
02 cb/blk

Eugene Lou
01-13-2002, 10:28 PM

teezm3
01-13-2002, 10:28 PM

StL Don
01-13-2002, 10:33 PM

M3KLR
01-13-2002, 11:25 PM
Does your car have any swirl marks on it from the dealers quality job?

If yes then: Z2,5,6,7,18 and ZFX. If no swirl marks then no Z5 needed.
ZFX takes the place of Z1.

Wash with Dawn (blue)
Clay (Z18) with Z7 as your lube.
Wash again, with Z7.
Apply 3 coats (max for 24 hour period) of Z2 with ZFX, with a spray of Z6 between every coat and after the last coat.

If you have swirls use the Z5 w/ ZFX before the Z2. 3 coats max.

You will have a great shine and most important it will last the longest. Zaino goes on and off so easy. I used it very thin and was able to do 3 coats each on my 94 540 and 01 Z06 with 1 oz of the Z2. Once you do the initial application you won't need to dawn/clay again, unless your car is parked outside in a bad enviroment. So the next time you feel like doing 3 more coats it will be very easy.

I get my Zaino from Carl his email address is hcv@snip.net website is www.hcvind.com He does take paypal. I will be placing an order from him tonite. My brother is getting his silver X5 this week, some for my dad/sister and an order for a friend.

Have Fun!

locustM
01-14-2002, 12:03 AM
If it's a garage queen, then P21S is great cause that's what BMW uses to detail your car & recommends @ the dealership.

If it's a daily driver, then One Grand Blitz Wax is the best for that cause it last longer.

Remember, wax is just a temporary barrier between your clearcoat & the elements. & Not all synthetic "waxes" are made for German paint.
In fact the best results over & over have come from Carnauba waxes.

Goto the site below for great & easy tutorials on detailing & inciteful analysis. None of thess crazy non-scientific comparison test that is too subjective.

M3KLR
01-14-2002, 04:03 AM
carnuba wax will never outlast a synthetic.

I think the shine will be close at first, after about 4-6 washings most of the carnuba wax/shine/bead will be gone.

As for the "CAR CARE ONLINE TUTORIALS" He does not like clay bars, what a joke. "It might scratch your paint" he says. Anything will scratch you paint if you get dirt on it. All you have to do is look at the clay bar. If it has some dirt, remove it. I have clayed my 94 540 twice in the last year. I don't see any scratches. Its not rocket science.

"None of thess crazy non-scientific comparison test that is too subjective."

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

How in the hell else would you test for long term durability? He put the products on a removed car hood. Left it out for 4 weeks.

"""Remember, wax is just a <<<<temporary>>>> barrier between your clearcoat & the elements. & Not all synthetic "waxes" are made for German paint.
In fact the best results over & over have come from Carnauba waxes"""

Maybe your wax is more temporary. In fact where? please point us to the link.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index