Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 930 turbo tires

Dave
01-15-2002, 12:51 AM
I'm having difficulty trying to find rear replacement tires for my 930 turbo which are 285/40/15 Pirelli P7. These tires are discontinued and I've called several tire places trying to locate them or any replacement tire without any luck. Can anyone offer any assistance to help me find some.

Dave
Los Angeles, CA

Marcus
01-16-2002, 01:47 AM
You might want to try seeing if Pirelli makes these size tires in the supersport P7000 which are the tires they made to replace the P7's. If your not hung up on Pirelli than you should be able to find another tire manufacture such as Dunlop (Supersport 8000) for instance or others that make a good Z-rated tire that will fit. If not think about getting new wheels---7x16 front and 8 or 9x16 on the rear. Most 930's came from the factory with these size wheels. Only the very early ones 1975s and some of the early euro's came from the factory with 15's to the best of my knowlege---which isn't great!

Marcus
01-16-2002, 05:13 AM
I did a very small amount of surfing on the net--by no means comprehensive and I see what you mean!!!! Why would you want 10x15 wheels anyway? Did fuchs make those special for porsche? As you probable have found out by your own research, in order to get a production tire of that width and profile you will most likely need to go with a 10x17 wheel size. Dunlop and Yokahama both make tires that would fit the bill 285/40/ZR17 and I think (might be showing my lack of knowlege ) would be the best route to go.

Dave
01-17-2002, 01:44 AM
Thanks Marcus,

The rims are fuchs and I assume NOW they were custom for porsche. My 930 started it's life in europe from an '83 911 chassis and then an '85 930 engine was put in and the 930 slant nose conversion done. It was then shipped here to the US. It's been garaged for about ten years. It looks like I may have to jump up to 17"s

JERRY
01-20-2002, 06:11 PM
HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR TIRES

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index