Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Posche 911SC

MBuhrig
01-20-2002, 12:11 PM
I have been looking to buy my first Porsche, I found a deal on a 1982 911SC w/ C4 wheels, new tires, xenon lights, great interior but needs minor paint work for $12k. The owner told me it had 64k original miles as of January 2002, I checked Carfax and it showed a record of 87k miles in January 1997, however the car runs strong and all looks ok. Is it worth pursuing this car or should I move on and find another one? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Porschenut
01-21-2002, 01:01 PM
I've got an 82 SC and your find sounds like a really good buy except for the discrepancy with the mileage. Sounds a little suspicious if you ask me. Obviously someone along the way has had the odometer dialed back, (don't assume it's your seller as he may have ben duped when he bought it). Who knows how many miles the car really has on it. You can be sure that if it had 87k miles 3 years ago, it sure as hell has more than 100,000 now.

m325ix/88m3
01-21-2002, 02:01 PM
well, take it to a really good mechanic, do all the checks (incl. compression and so on). If the car passes the inspection and you really like it, negotiate the price showing the car fax.
Good luck!
PS My car is 82 and I love it!

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index