Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Brian
01-24-2002, 12:03 AM
Hello everybody.

i am new to the board and was wanting some opinions on the price of a 1979 blk/blk Porsche 930 with 50K miles on it? I have researched the heck out of the car and have seen more than a dozen or so pictures of it. the car has won several concours events and is absolutely original. The owner and I haven't discussed price yet as I think I will wait til i see the car probably late next week.

Thank you for any input.

Brian

Martin
01-24-2002, 06:04 AM
It would be hard to tell a recommended price based on this information and the fact that it won concouros events and the low milage (and probably a good history will come as well) the owner can ask for anything he wishes, as it's more than a nice 79' 911 but more of a collectors car.
It would be like the difference between an expensive breed dog for competitions (few grands $$$) and a nice non breed dog (free for good home ???) - sorry for the comparasion if it hurt anyone's feelings....
So, it depends what you are looking for. You can pay 2 or 3 times more of the market price just for those facts and have the same fun from it as you would from a well taken care 911 which is not concouros.
Good luck any way.

crash
01-28-2002, 03:47 PM
Hi Brian,

It depends on what you want the car for. If it were me I would want to drive the car any chance I could. A car like what you describe would depreciate everytime you drive it. If you want to retain the value, park it and look at it (absolutely nothing wrong with that). If you want to have fun, buy something similar and play with it.

As for how much to pay for the car, it is nothing more than a 79 930 in excellent condition. Don't pay any more than what you could sell for later.

Aaron
02-21-2002, 01:00 PM
I am in the process of buying a 1977 Porsche 911 Targa. The asking price for this car is $13,000.00. The body of the car has been fitted with the 911 Turbo spoilers and wheels. It has 91,000 original miles on the 2.7 engine the interior is about 80% good. Does think if this would be a good buy or not.

Aaron
02-21-2002, 01:01 PM
I am in the process of buying a 1977 Porsche 911 Targa. The asking price for this car is $13,000.00. The body of the car has been fitted with the 911 Turbo spoilers and wheels. It has 91,000 original miles on the 2.7 engine the interior is about 80% good. Does think if this would be a good buy or not.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index