Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mthusiast
01-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Anyone have Jet Black that can tel me if they are happy with the color choice in terms of appeal, maintenance and any other thoughts are appreciated.

Sterling Tony
01-28-2002, 12:01 PM
two in fact. Bottom line: nothing, and I mean NOTHING looks sharper than a gloss black car that's been detailed within an inch of its life. HOWEVER, nothing and I mean NOTHING shows dirt more or requires more care and cleaning than any glossy black. So, if you don't mind handwashing your car once per week and detailing it every few, then go for it. Otherwise, the car will spend time looking much less than its best.
Good luck.
tm

m3dmc
01-28-2002, 12:15 PM
I have JB, and always get black. Currently JB on my 02 M3, 00 Dakota, and my girlfriend's 01 323 CI. No regrets even though I live in central Florida with lots of heat and rain. The few times I had other colors like silver or white, I found that I was was washing and polishing just as much as when I had black, so now I just get black because I really like it more than other colors. Besides, even the trim is black, so there not all these different colors on the body that make a car look too busy IMO. I usually wash once a week and put a coat of Zaino's on every 1-2 months. A clean black car looks great!

Jabber
01-28-2002, 12:17 PM
It is alot of extra work...

I wouldn't have gotten black if I had to drive it everyday. I enjoy taking care of and it has a menacing look that only a black car can.

Bottom line .... If I had to clean it every other day. I would not have chosen black. To keep it looking sharp it has to be washed every two times it is taken out.

///MML
01-28-2002, 12:36 PM

Big Dog
01-28-2002, 01:01 PM
No Regrets at all. NOTHING COMPARES. AND the car itself is way more than expected-huge improvement over previous E34 M5 and E36 M3

Gordo
01-28-2002, 01:54 PM
I have JB and love it. The dark color makes the car look almost menacing with the additional bulges of the M3. The upkeep is difficult, but nothing looks better when cleaned. You will not be disappointed.

eym
01-28-2002, 05:45 PM
this time. I only wash my car about once a week in good weather or when I need to impress (ie. a date). When the weather is bad, I let it go dirty, then wash when it clears up. The sharpest color to have IMO.

dglasser
01-28-2002, 09:03 PM
... but I'm switching to Titanium Silver for my E46 M3 cab. I love the look of Jet Black, esp. with the Sand interior (which, alas, is not available on the E46 M3). However, the car is a frequent driver in a wet climate, and I'm not the kind of person who washes my car every week, so I have to be comfortable with my car's appearance being less than ideal.

FYI, the reasons I'm switching to silver for my new car are 1) the look of the silver body with the black softtop, 2)lower maintenance, 3) change of pace from my current car, 4) the silver exterior / red interior combination. Your mileage may vary.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index