Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike
01-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Hi All,
Have anyone tried taking off the stock E46 handbrake handle? I've just got an ACS handbrake handle and it does not come with any instructions on how to take off the stock piece. It seems to be pretty tight on there and there is no obvious screws or bolts to undo. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

StL Don
01-28-2002, 08:48 PM
press fit. Some have cut it off. If you want to remove the whole assembly you have to first remove the console and then the brake lever.

Circle BMW has instructions for removing the console. Look under armrest installation.

Don

M3Posse
01-28-2002, 10:02 PM
No other way. Slice into it and work it off in pieces with a screwdriver...

cut off - david
01-28-2002, 10:11 PM
I tried everything to get it off without damaging it. I finally gave up and decided to cut it off with a utility knife. First cut along the threads and peal the leather cover off. Next slowly cut along the length until you cut thru. this will take a bunch of passes with the knife. Eventually it will cut in half and peel off. I found my ACS brake handle to be kind of loose when slipped on. So I wrapped the brake lever with some electrical tape. This made for a snugger fit.

EERHT-M
01-28-2002, 11:35 PM
the handbrake was tape hard to the bar.
Just hammer it out, don't try to put it out and safe it you are just wasting your time.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index