Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ki
01-29-2002, 06:20 AM
I have a '80 Targa that I would like to convert to a Cab. I also have a Chevy 350 in place of my original boxer engine. The 350 is putting out about 350 ft-lb of torque that can move the 911 off the line very quickly. I am concerned about chassis flex with that much torque. My question is: 1. would a targa to cab. conversion be safe with so much power in back? 2. are there reinforcement points that I can stiffen to increase the rigidity of my chassis?

Thanks in advance.........Ki

Tom
01-29-2002, 11:53 AM
LOL. Put your finger on the gap between the door and the rear fender, then have a buddy kneel on the rear bumper, you'll understand why I lol. The floors in these cars are the same from a Targa to Cab. they both are flexible flyers with the torque and wheight of a V8 I would think about stiffenting up you chassis

jerry
01-30-2002, 01:07 PM
Ki, go to pelicanparts.com look for targa struts, these my be what your after. JERRY

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index