Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JonT
02-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Anyone have any experience with supercharging of Knoxville TN? problems? advice? any details of this experience would be very appreciated. Thanks

Dan Brosman
02-04-2002, 10:39 PM
I've turbo'd an early SC engine (8.5:1 compression ratio). I ran an intercooler, and kept my advance under 28degrees total. It ran very well and was still going strong two years later.
The later SC's were 9.3:1 compression. I would not even think about supercharging on that much compression and expect to get any life out of the engine.
It's not so much the turbo that causes the heat and detination, but the compressing of the intake air. The supercharging systems that I've seen don't have any type of intercooling, pre-cooling or anything that will cool down the charge.
On our turbo'd race engines we hold the compression below 8.5 and run extra large intercoolers along with pre-coolers.

911sc80
02-05-2002, 10:07 AM
can you tell me what you use to make your 911SC into a turbo was it an off the shelf kit or was it from another 911 turbo parts. I'm intersted in doing this my self and any help will be helpfull.

thks
Maj

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index