Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

///M3
02-10-2002, 12:14 PM
i would like to order the kit and install myself,
is there any (good) kit setup not require to get under the car ?
Thanks !

Lincoln
02-10-2002, 02:02 PM
I've not seen a kit that doesn't require you to get under the car. It's a pretty difficult install on this car, even though (I heard, haven't looked) RogueEngineering claims on their website it's easy. I have the UUC EVO II kit and I like it alot, but I had someone else put it on and they said it was a PITA to do on this car (when compared to doing it on an E36 M3).

Ryan
02-10-2002, 02:33 PM
How much shorter are the throws? Is it smooth? Also can i keep my original illuminated shifter on the car?

Lincoln
02-10-2002, 04:32 PM
They are considerably shorter, even with the height adjusted up to the level of the factory shifter (most comfortable for me). When I drive an M3 without a SS kit I feel like I'm driving a truck. The factory lever is less effort, but the throw is really long!!! It's smooth, but a SS kit will amplify any notchy-ness or any other issues you might have with shifting this car. The UUC and Rogue kits are both made to use the factory knob (don't know about the other brands, but I assume they do too).

Get an adjustable clutchstop too, it's cheap and easy to install.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index