Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Carl in NSB 535i85
02-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Really getting frustrated here. Car was sitting in garage for almost two years. Finally got it started the other day but the fuel distributor valve was getting stuck in the "spray fuel from the injectors like there is no tommorrow " position. I took the dist valve off the car and managed to work the plunger free. when I reinstalled the valve there were still problems. One of the injectors is still spraying fuel with the engine stopped and the key on (all of the other injectors are behaving properly). This is where I am right now- getting pretty bummed on Bosh K-jetronic right now!
Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hambone
02-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Carl,

If it has been sitting for 2 years, I'd begin by draining the fuel cell and flushing the fuel line with fresh fuel. Otherwise the car is going to run poorly until all the bad gas is gone and you won't be able to determine if you have an engine problem or just bad gas.

After you have got good gas in the system, add a can of Chevron's Techron to the tank; this will help clean up any remaining gunk and impurities in the fuel injection.

I'm assuming you did change the oil, oil filter, clean the oil screen, and replace the fuel filter...if not these items are a priority as well.

Don't get in a hurry, be thorough and methodical and you have it running well shortly.

Keep us abreast of your progress.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index