Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

muf
02-10-2002, 11:22 PM
Hi gang. Had this car for a long time. Just wondering what some mods are that you can do to this car to get more power! I dont believe it makes much. Also, anyone know the weight? Dont know if its worth sinking any money into or not or if you can even get any results with this engine. Any info you can give would be appreciated about the car.

Scott

DrewT
02-13-2002, 10:22 AM
This is a great web site that addresses your questions. There is not alot you can do for performance without going into the motor, except for exhausts systems, including header and back dated heat exchangers. Only thing is you may loose your heat.

Dan Brosman
02-13-2002, 11:20 AM
There are a number of things to make a SC faster. Carbs, cams pistons, tuned headers, programmable injection, etc.
The first upgrade would be some cams such as Web's 20/21 grind. They are such you can still run the CIS injection. Higher compression pistons such as later SC(9.3:1) or the Euro 9.8:1 will give you increased power across the entire RPM range. With custom pistons you can go even higher.
Because you have a 78, without a cat, you already have fairly free flowing exhaust, early tuned heat exchangers or tuned headers or SSI
Tuned heat exchangers will only net you 4-7HP until you start running some significant overlap on your cams.
When you get into cams with overlap, the CIS will not work with them due to reversion in the intake. You would have to go to carbs, mechanical injection, or throttle position sensing programable injection.
Call me I can help you build an upgrade to your satisfaction and budget.
Dan 480-391-2419

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index