Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

RST
03-04-2002, 11:30 PM
and will be ordering the M3 tomorrow.

Couple of questions for all of you folks.

1) Sunroof - I know this question comes up quite often and I know the answer is either "get what you want or for resale value get it. My question is how much of a hit will it have on resale?

2) My dealer tells me once the order is in, i'm locked on the spec of the car. Is this true? I could have sworn people make changes after the initial order was placed.

3) My order will be for April build with June delivery. Does anyone know if it's early, mid or late June?

Thanks in advance

TTBear
03-04-2002, 11:37 PM
1.) Get what you want or for resale value get it. Seriously - not to sound glib, but if you want it, it's a nice option. If you don't, be prepared to take a hit in resale, but really, not that big a deal, in my opinion. You will likely narrow the market when it comes down to it, but with a car such as this, there will always be buyers.
2.) Not true. Once your order is taken, it takes a while until the production date is allocated (status 112). Even then, some on this board have been able to change a few days after becoming 112 - see Loki's site for status code definitions, and more.
3.) April build is not really specific enough to give a true indication. You will be given a "build week", corresponding to the calendar week, approximately, that production will begin. BMW is unable to give an exact day, and the week itself may change. This has been extensively discussed today - see posts below.

At any rate, they will build it, and it will come. Enjoy!!! It generally sounds like about ten weeks from status 112 to delivery. Find out what build week you are, and add accordingly - slightly longer (about one to two weeks) for the West Coast. Hope this helps.

Pinecone
03-05-2002, 10:02 AM
You will KNOW your delivery date. The order code gets changed from 1 (SSold) to 9 (PC Delivery) It WILL make the delivery date there.

I put down the deposit on 2/23. I was offered a PC delivery date of 4/22. About 8 weeks. The min time according to the PC info is 56 days from Status 111.

Mine went from 111-112-150 in about a week,and was 151 (Body Shop) yesterday.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index