Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JTB:CB/Cinn
03-12-2002, 12:56 AM
Mine is fairly ordinary; a group of people were gathered around
the car giving a thorough once-over when I came out of a
restaurant.

There have to be some great "attention-getting" stories out there!

Zoli007
03-12-2002, 01:13 AM
I was at carmax trying to test drive an S2000 about 4 months ago and when I left, I found 2 salesmen looking at the car and when I came out, 2 more followed me. I gave one of em a ride and he said it was the fastest thing he's ever been in. It was pretty cool. Also at UCF somtimes there is heavy traffic coming in the opposite direction that Im going, and I'll watch everyone's eyes, and almost 9 out of 10 will follow the car. That and the triple take this one girl did of the car while walking across the street. I love my car!!

Robbo
03-12-2002, 05:35 AM
Hi,

When I first got my m3 (July 2001) I was looking for a 4WD. I went to local MB dealer, looking for a ML V8. The floor emptied as the salesman came out to check out my car (mine was one of the first delivered in Australia). It was cool. After they saw my car they tried to sell me an AMG Ml 55!

I've had a few other "good" attention incidents.

One time I pulled up next to an ancient 3 series (e21). However the car was immaculate, everything polished and in tip top condition. The guy was next to me and asked me to wind down the window. He had his kid (around 12) with him. He asked me if his kid could look at my car as he was a BMW fan. This kid knew everything about my car, all the options, features etc. It was a pleasure to show him my car and take him (and his dad) for a drive. The smile on the kids face was worth it.

Of course I have had "bad" attention eg idiots in cars trying to tempt me into races at the lights in pathetically poor cars. I have also had even worse, so called responsible adults in serious performance cars, challenging me to a drag race on the road. Go get a life you losers, take it to the track!!!

Robbo

Robbo
03-12-2002, 05:36 AM

Lexx
03-12-2002, 07:59 AM
His girlfriend/wife hit him just as if he was gawking at another girl.

kgraham
03-12-2002, 11:30 AM
A guy with his wife about 45 pulled up behind my car in a new Acura. His kid 17-18 and girlfriend bolted out of the back seat of the Acura and ran up to the M3 to check it over. Kid looks back at his dad just getting out of the car and spouts "now thats what you should have bought". Kid sees me approaching the car and says "awesome car man" as his father does his best to avoid me. Funny.

chetsstm3
03-12-2002, 12:26 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index