Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

M3_Racer
03-17-2002, 11:47 AM
Best time to test out the M3 has to be middle of the night around here with NO TRAFFIC and nice windy roads. Didnt do too much as I only have 200 miles on her so far, but a great way to see what the SMG can really do. I LOVE the SMG after the drive last night, its an amazing transmission that still has the feel of a stick that I love, and the smoothness of the auto which is so hard to get with a normal stick. S5 is unreal, the shifts are so damn quick and smooth, downshifts too. Amazing. I didnt even have the SPort button on, Im saving that for the post-breakin fun.... On these back roads, this car handles like a dream, sticks to the road amazingly, and this is with the Conti's too. I just pray they can get my left pedal installed Wednesday so I can KEEP the car, I love it and dont wanna give it back, but Id have to if they cant do the pedal.

MMM
03-17-2002, 11:49 AM

M3_Racer
03-17-2002, 12:04 PM
But gets the RPMs up too fast for me with 200 miles, will get 1200 then do it all the time!

StL Don
03-17-2002, 12:05 PM
It sounds like you managed pretty well with the stock pedal setup,
is it a legal thing requiring the pedal mod?

Good luck. I'm sure if you persevere you'll find a shop that can
get the job done.

D

M3_Racer
03-17-2002, 12:17 PM
Not a legal thing at all. I lost my right leg in a crash, so I can drive cross legged normally without my leg on, but when I put my prosthetic on, I NEED the gas on the left side because I cant cross my leg over to use the normal gas. I cant drive everywhere with no leg on because, well, I NEED To walk ya know...heh. ITs a cool set up i had in the Maxima, pedal snaps into a plate on the floor, so it comes out when someone else has to drive (not that they ever will).

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index