Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JMan
03-27-2002, 05:44 PM
Any advice on how to fill in the front license plate bracket holes? I think I remember a post where someone put some screws in and colored them with touch up paint. Any other solutions? Anyone use a filler like bondo or something like that?

tony(topaz,SMG)
03-27-2002, 05:45 PM

JZ
03-27-2002, 05:48 PM

Mr. Grinch
03-27-2002, 05:49 PM
VPC doesn't have time for that. Speak to your dealer about it.

Best suggestion I have is painted plastic caps..flush as possible.

I would be avoid filling the holes and repainting the bumper... unless you have a paint shop you really trust.

Jason
03-27-2002, 05:55 PM
Last I remember you posted a pic of your white bumper and it looked like swiss cheese, apparently it was repainted before you bought it and you weren't notified? Did they fix everything for you?

JMan
03-27-2002, 06:01 PM
instructions, and I called him right before delivery after I found out the car had cleared VPC to confirm. I'll never know for sure since he's in IL and i'm in CA.

He thinks it may have been color-related, since my car is special order orient blue and VPC thought it was 330 or 325. Whatever, its done.

Mr. Grinch
03-27-2002, 08:17 PM
Feb 1, I provided photos of the bumper via email to local BMW dealer and BMW Canada.

Feb 5, I brought the car in (finally got the headlight fixed) but asked if they could look at the bumper. They were too busy to look at it and only the Regional District Manager could decide in this matter. I asked the dealer to set a date for the Regional District Service manager look at it.

On Feb 21 I brought it in again. The District Manger, the paint shop and shop foreman looked at it. I was told several things but the basic gist of it was they couldn't decide if it would be covered or not. I sent photos to dealer where I purchased the car as well to get their take on it.

Since then, I had not heard anything. I've been phoning them last week and this week. This morning I was contacted told that they are still considering if they will cover it or not. I know BMW Canada has been aware of my posts here, so I've avoided making posts on the matter until they come to a decision. My main goal is to get it fixed right (bumper removed, stripped, and repainted). Any painting over the current mess is just going to come off again.

///M3SMG02
03-27-2002, 08:22 PM

Jason
03-27-2002, 08:39 PM
A guy here in states won a lawsuit for millions after BMW repainted his car before sale and never disclosed it. Needless to say BMW doesn't pull that BS here anymore.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index