Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

ex95M3boi
05-31-2002, 09:32 AM
<a href="http://forum.dtmpower.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42574">http://forum.dtmpower.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42574</a>

Date: June 1st, 2002
Time: 2pm

Information included in link.

I am not the organizer... just the information provider. :P

ex95M3boi
05-31-2002, 09:36 AM
Hey... besides the meeting... there is another group meeting tonight at 7pm at the Pan Am Shopping center off Nutley Street, Vienna.

I dont think I can make it tonight tho... plus its gonna pour... ha!

Are you in or out for the Sat drive? I may drive by to see the crowd first... things get really dicey when the crowd is too young... plus the drive gets really dangerous too. So I might go for the photos but not the drive.

butchv
05-31-2002, 09:44 AM
What new wheels are you gettin' or just got?

I agree about the crowds, though, and I'm still getting through this break-in period. 1069 miles, so I've got a few to go...

I don't think it's going to rain at all -- just normal summer here in DC, so I'll see if I can make it tonight. If not, just drop me a line with more lead time.

ex95M3boi
05-31-2002, 09:54 AM
I was thinking Hamanns man... but then they are hell've expensive... hahahha

Cabby
05-31-2002, 09:55 AM
I lurk on the DTM forums all the time, and I get the real impression that the people on that board are a bit......fiesty? I want to say this without hurting anyone's feelings or over-generalizing, but when I think of DTM members, I think of the stereotypical young adult squealing his 20 inch chromes inlaid tires everywhere he goes. I mean that in the nicest way!!!

I was reading about the last meet when you guys went out to Skyline Drive and most of the discussion involved scans of the various tickets and people driving on suspended licenses and what not. To be honest, that really scares a lot of people away from the DTM crowd.

When I go to a meet, I don't want to see who can take such and such corner the fastest, or who does the best donut....I go to meet other enthusiasts and see their tasteful modifications and just talk cars. Sometimes I think a lot of those guys are just in the flavor of the week, and their fickleness will lead them to some other car next month, who knows?!?

Just my opinion, I mean nothing by it, it's just the image DTM has from people outside their circle, sorry if I offended.

Cabby
05-31-2002, 10:01 AM

///M3John
05-31-2002, 10:03 AM
I've been a DTM member since it began and part of the reason why I dont attend some of these meets is mainly because people doing doughnuts and acting like kids. Dont get me wrong, I'm pretty cool w/ alot of DTMer's but there is a level of maturity that needs to be put place...Maybe we're just too old too attend these things. :)

Cabby
05-31-2002, 10:03 AM
Like you said, a very young crowd makes me nervous. The goal should be to have a good time and maybe a spirited drive. Endangering yourself or anyone else is just not the kind of meet most people want to attend. I would feel like I sat at the wrong lunch table in highschool if I showed up there ;) You know what I mean.....

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index