Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

r1biohzd
06-20-2002, 05:06 PM
my dealer says there are no OEM alum pedals for SMG yet...that the gas pedal for SMG is different size than manual or automatic pedal kits.

is this correct?
if you have SMG and pedals can you tell me what you did plz.
i would prefer oem but willing to go aftermarket
thx

sjsharks
06-20-2002, 05:35 PM
pad.

<a href="http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/e46/e46-cat.htm">http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/e46/e46-cat.htm</a>

M_Rod
06-20-2002, 05:42 PM
There are 2 OEM kits: one for the manual and one for the auto. The auto cars have a larger brake pedal. SMG (mine too) M3's have the same size brake pedal as a manual car, so you need to get the manual kit. There are also 2 different types of gas pedals: ours has a "module" as the instructions call it, and the other is for the old cable actuated type. Your dealer is a moron because the kits come with an adapter for either type (you don't need it in the M3, only if you have the older, cable operated type).

I was pleased that my service advisor actually took the time to come out and look at my car because she did not know what brake pedal the SMG cars used. She said that I was the first to order this for the SMG and she promptly made a note of it! Also helped me with the titanium headlight trim as the manual was a bit fuzzy if this would fit on an '02 M3 Cab.

Some advise: pedal install is very easy. Gas pedal is plastic so no problems drilling holes. Brake pedal is VERY hard steel: Need to drill a smaller pilot hole FIRST, and then drill to the larger 4.5mm hole required. Also, make sure to drill in the "groove" on the pedal, and not the "ridge" (you will see what this means during the install).

Cost was $60 with 20% (tell them you are a BMW Car Club member).

r1biohzd
06-20-2002, 07:39 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index