Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

John Rather
07-02-2002, 07:40 AM
I have run into a big snag; have some Yokohoma Parada 215/40 17 that I am trying to mount on BMW M5 wheels ('91-93 style). I have had them to numerous shops and nobody can get them mounted. Everyone says impossible. The tire will not go past the outside safety lip and seat. No even close. My only option is to sell the tires and put on larger tires (which I don't want to do since these are the same rolling diamter as the stock wheels on the '88 M3 on which the setup is going). I also thought about have a machine shop take off the safety lip on the outside of the rim. Does anyone have any suggestions and/or tires makes that they have been able to fit??

Thank you,

John R.
jrather@chemsoft.com

Jim@tirerack
07-02-2002, 10:05 AM
You don't mention what width the wheel is. The tire will fit anywhere from 17X7 to 17X8.5. If the wheel is within these specs you can try one of our installers and see if they can get the tire on.

Jim

John Rather
07-02-2002, 10:36 AM
THe rims are 8 inch. I've tried one of your installers and they said it will never work. The rims came stock with 235/45 17. I bought the tires last year and they have been sitting in my kitchen. I just tried to install them. I've talked to two sales people in the last couple of days and they said that they (TireRack) can't do anything about taking them back and trying something else.

Thanks,

John R.

JR
07-03-2002, 11:42 PM
Are these the M5 wheels that are mounted from the back side due exactly to the safety lip? And what about the offset difference between the E34 and E36?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index