Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

yldthng
07-02-2002, 11:19 AM
I need tires for my '65 356C coupe. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I would be able to purchase the vintage tires (i believe they are still made) or what modern tires will fit

Nick
07-13-2002, 11:20 PM
I replaced the original steel (ugly) wheels with the 15x6 Fuchs rims that were available on the 911s up through the late 70's. Mine happen to be the two-tone black/polished aluminium rims, and it goes well with the yellow exterior of the car. They fit fine, provide better traction, and it still keeps a look of Porsche heritage to the overall appearence. Tires we have on it are Yokohama AVS Intermediates, as I do some Autocrossing in the car. - If you look hard enough, you can still find places to get NOS tires, a price premium might come into effect as we continue through time though.

Will
07-17-2002, 02:21 PM
for vintage, try Coker.com

you can also check your local Michelin dealer for XZX tires in a 165R-15; I got some brand new ones 18 months ago for my 914 for $291 for 4 including mt and balance.

You can also go with tirerack.com; they have modern tires that might fit in a 195/65-15, but be sure of clearances before buying.

Try the 356 BBS at Pelican in addition to here. This board is great for my BMW, they're far better for Porsche.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index