Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Frank
07-06-2002, 01:59 PM
Hi Jim,
I have a e46 330i and I bought 18 x 7.5" rims for my sedan with 4 Pirelli P7000 225/40/18's all around. I experienced my steering pulling to the right a lot! I thought it was radial pull, so I got two of them replaced again with the same tires, but it didn't help. I took it to the dealership when they did my steering retrofit to get it aligned and they told me that it might be tire problem. I recently bought 2 Kumho tires 225/40/18's and replaced the front ones and it still pulls. My steering loves to turn right by itself. I tried everything and don't know what to do. What is also interesting is that when I put the stock rims back, it drives perfectly straight with my 17". I noticed that a lot of the rims are 18 x 8" but mine is 18 x 7.5", do you think that is the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
Frank

Jim@tirerack
07-08-2002, 03:35 PM
I don't know how much help I can be. If you replaced tires and it still pulls it is obviously not the tires. I can't figure it out from here. The best way to rule out a tire is to move one front tire to the rear. If the pull goes away the tire with the pull is the one you moved to the back. If it still pulls it would be the tire still in the front.
The wheel width would not be a problem.
If I can help let me know.
Thank you

Jim 800-428-8355-364

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index