Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Winnie
07-08-2002, 12:58 PM
weekend in CT.Yippeee!!!!It has been a long wait, as some of you guys already know....Since, I am still in Philly this month and I can't wait to drive my new M3, I will be driving it for the next 2-3 weeks before shipping it back to SF Bay Area since I will be leaving Philly on August 10th...I was wondering if it owuld be a better idea to drive back to CT for pickup for the shipping company, or should I just ship it from my doorstep in Philly? By the way, I will be using DAS and they told me that they will be picking up my car using a flatbed and transporting it to the terminal in NJ,right before it gets transported across the country..Is this bad for the car?

Any suggestions or input is very welcome!!!

Winnie

motorsport3
07-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Your 'beauty' is with Lawrence. Do you trust him with it? ;-)

alan
07-08-2002, 01:12 PM
If it is a reputable company, shipping it via flatbed from your door to the cross-country shipping company shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure they are appropriately insured in case something unforeseen happens.

Of course, you could always decide to take a few days and drive it across country yourself. Yes, that would be extra miles on the car, but it would also be extra smiles on your face! :-)
<br>
--Alan

oddlycalm
07-08-2002, 01:31 PM
If they secure the car to the truck improperly, damage could result. Make sure you have specific instructions for them if you go through with this, but personally, I wouldn't.

I'd not want my car shipped to a terminal then consolidated on who knows who's trailer to be transferred however many times at other terminals. Sure, DAS is insured, but do you want to hassle with a suspension repair that could have been avoided on your new car? The terminal to terminal thing is not a great idea unless you are delivering it to the terminal yourself and DAS guarantees (in writing) it won't be tranferred enroute.

You might want to call Intercity Lines. They offer a higher level of service, and if they have a load going there, they may be able to meet the DAS price. Intercity is a covered door to door carrier, which also means you won't have to clay the car after arrival.

Good luck.

oc

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index