Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Ron 325ic
07-14-2002, 09:13 PM
I have an 89 325ic and just bought a set of e36 M3 replica wheels in a 17x17.5 w/ 215/40 17" Yoko's. The car is in the bodyshop, so haven't had a chance to fit the wheels. I tried them on the front and have about a half inch of clearence between the tire and the shock. My question is if I lower the car, will and change that distance? I have the stock sup. on the car now. I want to go with the Eibach Pro kit which will lower the front I think 1.7 inch, and .80 in the rear.Can I get away with lowering the car that much, I know it's not alot but w/ the plus 3 wheels and tires? Please help, thanks Ron

RHN
07-15-2002, 10:57 AM
Ron,
Because it's a strut suspension, lowering the car will not affect the clearance between the wheel/tire and the shock. It will affect tire to fender clearance as the tire moves up into the wheel well. You will get a small increase in negative camber at the front and a larger increase at the rear. That means you have to rotate your tires front to rear occationally and drive harder in the corners to even your tire wear. That sounds fun - huh?
RHN
e34-535

Jim@tirerack
07-15-2002, 05:43 PM
With the correct offset wheel and the size tire you mention you will be fine. I have an E30 that is lowered with the H and R and there is no problem.

Jim

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index