Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Trex
07-16-2002, 09:44 AM
The question was raised yesterday about how much everyone paid for the car and I responded $2700 off MSRP. I got $1500 off initially, $500 off with the BMW CCA membership and $700 off with the BMW Ultimate Credit Card. Chuck wanted to know about the card. It is offered by BMW Financial Services. I have the Ultimate Card that costs $100 a year. I like BMWs, buy them and trade them and I figured with how I charge things up, it would pay for itself. I had the card a little over a year and I would say it certainly paid for itself. There is a lot of fine print on the card details and not a lot of dealers know how to handle the auto purchase credit from the cards, so if you use your credit card auto credits for the purchase of a BMW, stay on top of things. Short story - my dealer, Chad Carey (now at Devon BMW having moved - like so many- from Otto's BMW)called the card people when I was doing all of this with the M3 and one woman on the other line said, "Why, yes, he can get a $5,000 credit toward his new BMW". Both of us almost died. I was going to buy two of them. Upon further inspection, what she meant to say was that I was eligible to get UP TO $5,000. As it was, I got $700. One more comment about the BMW card: I had so many air miles jacked up on my airlines card that I would never be able to take advantage of them. I just figured that over time, I would be more likely to use up the BMW credits than the airline credits. And I don't need credit card value bonus points to buy cheap portable stereos, gas grills or back messagers. Jason 634 asks if my car is a November 2001 production vehicle and the answer is no (whew!). It is a December production.

jason634
07-16-2002, 09:50 AM

Trex
07-16-2002, 10:11 AM
I suppose they reported it on this board and I missed it. That's bad news for the both of us. I'll keep my toes crossed and I won't take it over 3,000 RPM. Ha!

jason634
07-16-2002, 10:26 AM

Chuck
07-16-2002, 10:31 AM
I saw the offers on the cards. $50 for the basic card, and you get 1 point for every dollar spent, double points for gas purchase. However, it takes spending some serious bread to get any kind of decent rebate. Spend $10k just to get $100 off my vehicle purchase? The BMWCCA is a much better deal, giving me $500 off my M3 for a one year membership at $35, plus minimum 10 percent off service and parts. Plus I get a killer magazine and theres no big brother computers tracking every little thing I buy, where I travel to and buy gas, etc, and selling the info.

Trex
07-16-2002, 01:58 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index