Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

lpol0113
07-21-2002, 04:11 PM
OPTED AND PAYED FOR OIL CHANGE WITH 1200 MILE SERVICE/THEY CHARGED ME FOR 7 LITER BOTTLES OF OIL IS THIS HOW MUCH OIL SHOULD BE USED OR DID THEY PUT IN TOO MUCH,IT IS READING OVER MAX MARK. ALSO HOW DO I KNOW THEY USED THE 10W60 AND JUST DIDN'T CHARGE ME FOR IT,ALSOHOW DO I KNOW THEY REALLY CHANGED TRANSMISSION AND REAR DIFF FLUID AND THAT THEY ARE TRAINED TO DO SO. YES I DO NOT TRUST ANY OF THESE DEALERS.IS THERE ANYWAY TO CHECK IF THINGS WERE DONE CORRECTLY.IF BMWNA SEE'S THIS POST CONTACT ME.516-432-6286<br>smgkid

Ennui
07-21-2002, 04:15 PM
Your invoice/receipt from the dealer should show exactly what was used, e.g. diff fluid, parts, oil, etc. If you did not get that, ask for it, it'll confirm all of your fears, doubts, suspicions.

As to the oil level, how are you checking it? Per the manual's instructions? E.g., warm engine, idle, shut off, wait 1 or 2 min., pull dipstick? Or are you checking when cold? If cold, it will read over b/c the oil will drain. (Oh, and 7 ltrs is about right)

Hope that helps.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index