Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

RAiMA
07-26-2002, 08:10 PM
to make performance mods easier!

I must admit, AMG are coming out with some pretty nice cars. The new AMG SL55 has got some pretty impressive performance figures with 0-60 in 4.5secs. If BMW wants to stay on top, they need to stop making their engine management system so difficult to tune for turbo's and s/cs. If they can standardise on a system where map locations are at the same place for series for cars, then it would make tunning a hell of a lot easier.

It's one reason why it's so easy Nissan can mod their cars, why can't BMW do the same?

With Turbo/Supercharged M3s, it will give most cars a run for thier money.

Just had to rant

willgilbert
07-26-2002, 08:21 PM
I see your point. But the business doesn't. They see what is currently working for them and think they can do no wrong.

dkh
07-26-2002, 08:25 PM

CK
07-26-2002, 08:47 PM
you can easily mod them into serious hp producing machines. If BMW's were like that resale would not suffer as much. Not to mention people would be more wary of picking fights when they know there might be a sleeping giant within.

In addition, if you blow a supra motor a brand new short block costs about $2300. For BMW its somewhere around 12-16k so who the hell would want to even risk messing with the motor.

-CK

spookm3
07-26-2002, 09:26 PM

RAiMA
07-26-2002, 10:08 PM
None of this 20-30% increase from factory. That's just criminal for the potential of the car.

Why have something that's stock like everyone else when you can have a unique beast?

Mperor
07-27-2002, 01:07 PM
After almost eight months of reading posts on this and other boards, I have to chuckle to myself about the extent some of you rack your brains trying to improve on the International Auto Engineers Engine of the Year [2000]. Dinan doesn't put out an exhaust or intake because he can't improve upon OEM.

Rice motors apparently are good candidates for mods because they are not tuned to begin with and are basically strong enough to take a blower or turbo.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index