Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

gwc
07-29-2002, 04:53 PM
Does anyone have a solution to get window tint to lay flat on the matrix ( Black dots on the top rear glass)? I just had my windows tinted and it looks terrible and the tint shop says that it cannot be avoided with the new BMW coupes ( he does all of the local dealers cars). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

dkh
07-29-2002, 05:01 PM

M3Fan
07-29-2002, 05:21 PM
with yours. Most quality tint shops should be able to do it. Good Luck!

nsiegenthaler
07-29-2002, 07:43 PM
replacing that section with black tape. I was a little sceptical about it at first, but it looks very clean and it seems like this is the only solution to the problem.

Codeboy
07-29-2002, 08:25 PM
They did mine perfectly without any black tape.

norM//3
07-29-2002, 10:34 PM

argento
07-29-2002, 11:28 PM
I had the same problem in my corrado, e36 m3 and my 328. After all these, I've determined a pattern. Right or wrong, I've had some success. It seems that just after installation the adhesive is too "wet" for the tint to stick inbetween the matrix. Just as several days later it is too dry to stick. There is a time, shortly after installation (hours, maybe a day or two) that the adhesive is just sticky enough to stick to the glass inbetween the matrix dots. You have to go and re-press all around the edges during this time. I usually let the tint cure for about 20-24 hours before trying. I usually pick a window and re-press it every few hours, next morning or whatever until I see that the tint is sticking. I then continue to re-press the edges on the rest of the windows. It's worked most of the time. When it doesn't work, it's because of my timing. BE CAREFUL not to re-press too early, or else the tint sheet will fold and you'll have to pay to reapply the tint. The place I take it to, usually asks me to come back so that they can take care of it. But they always tell me to come back in a few days and by that time it's too late. Call your tint dealer and ask them to do it for you...it should be included as part of installation. Good Luck.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index