Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

m3evolution
08-02-2002, 10:47 AM
They have an opening for a Sept build for "only 5k over". I asked if he would go MSRP and get the usual arrogant bay area dealer NO WAY. Then I asked if they are willing to do a courtesy delivery... He tells me they dont do that. I told him that there have been a few people that have done it there and there was somebody that just did it a few days ago... He goes hmm I guess im going to have to talk to the owner and make a new policy stating that we will not do courtesy delivery on M cars for no less than 5k!!! lol He states its too much of a hassle for anything less than that... First he pretends he doesnt even know what courtesy delivery is then acknowledges it and states its too much hassle for anything less than 5k?!?! What a joke! He tells me to call him if I change my mind... LOL yea ill change my mind when hell feezes over

sc_slite
08-02-2002, 11:01 AM
People stupid enough to buy cars from them are idiots. Oh well!

Kevin
08-02-2002, 11:08 AM

jsirota
08-02-2002, 11:10 AM

StoneWalk
08-02-2002, 11:25 AM

Schurman
08-02-2002, 11:39 AM
I just ran down to check that mine is still there -- it is (phew!). I was in for my 1200 mile service Tuesday. I guess they didn't have a chance to take it off, since they did the service while I waited ;-)

jerseyM3
08-02-2002, 11:40 AM

justin
08-02-2002, 01:37 PM

m3evolution
08-02-2002, 01:51 PM
but they are asking for 3k over becuase im from the bay area. Would this be some kind of discrimination? j/k Yea they tell me they MSRP to the locals only.... Is this true? Maybe im just speaking to the wrong person... Is there some there that I should contact?

Schurman
08-02-2002, 03:34 PM

Randy_G
08-02-2002, 04:23 PM
I spoke to Mario Contino at Long Beach BMW, he seemed very nice, was recommended by someone on this board, and was beaten out for an allocation by just a few days, by BMW Gallery in Massachusetts. In hindsight, I wish I had just dealt with Long Beach. The dealer in Boston got me the car at MSRP, but no sunshade, wouldn't do European Delivery, and in general didn't do anything beyond the minimum requirements of selling me a car. No idea if Long Beach would have been willing to do European Delivery, but I'll bet they would have gotten me a sunshade, and the experience of getting the car delivered might actually have been pleasant, in place of the aggravation I'm still going through after my "courtesy" delivery at BMWSF. I finally got a Nav CD, but still no word at all about the shock tower brace. BMWSF refuses to do anything, and both the dealer in MA and BMWNA seem confused and unsure of how to deal with the situation. Bleah.

BP
08-02-2002, 07:18 PM
I am not surprised by anything I hear about people's experiences at SF BMW. I have been treated rudely by 3 salespeople at this dealership when I have inquired about purchasing an M3. They just don't get it - M3 buyers are probably the most informed of all BMW buyers and are smart enough not to put up with this BS. I can assure you these client advisors won't be around in 2 or 3 years!

Concord BMW is even worse. They are so arrogant and make you feel like they are doing YOU a favor by getting you an M3 at $5000.00 over MSRP! When you question there pricing policies, they just look down their noses at you and quickly try to shuttle you out the door. Next!
Who want's to put up with that for a $60,000 car?

I can't wait until I get my 2003 M3 so I can drive over to Concord BMW and shove it in the face of the salesman who treated me way beyond what most people would consider very rude and show him what
I bought for MSRP from someone I respect and will give my business to whenever I buy a new BMW!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index