Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Paulo
08-09-2002, 08:01 PM
I was washing the car when I noticed that inside the front left hand wheel arch there's a little removable cover with four oval holes that blocks the the front bumper air ducts. I thougth that cover is there to prevent big objects being projected against the brakes but at the same time let air flow to them.
Much for my surprise on the rigth wheel arch the same cover has no holes at all, so it wont let any air to flow to the brakes.
Do any of you have holes on both covers? If not why one has them and the other not?

M3 Lover
08-10-2002, 08:53 AM
No, only the one on the driver's side(I think) has the holes. At normal operating conditions the covers can stay in place. In fact, BMW recommends they stay there due to wet driving conditions and rotors getting wet, or something like that. These covers are made to come out when you are tracking the car or otherwise getting the brakes super hot. There is a real good reason for the slots only being in one side, but damned if I can remember what it is at this time...sorry.

Paulo
08-10-2002, 03:10 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index