Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

CellDr
08-12-2002, 08:01 PM
hard on fuel or systems? Just finished 1200m service so I am starting to test the car.

M_Rod
08-12-2002, 08:02 PM

JizDuet
08-12-2002, 08:09 PM
I did was check fuel consumption in Sport versus non. Whole tanks of gas, using miles travelled (not relying on car's computer), similar driving styles. Tried one tank each of normal city driving, always revving to ~4K, and one tank each of much more spirited driving, flat out when possible. No meaningful difference in fuel consumption.

08-12-2002, 08:24 PM
in the letters section of Roundel two months back, someone asked the same question. The editor replied saying that activating sport mode per se does not automatically increase fuel consumption. But IMO, activating sport mode means you're gonna want to step on it -- ergo, more fuel consumption.

M_Rod
08-12-2002, 09:01 PM
my right foot becomes far heavier when that little button is depressed ..... :)

StahlGrauM3
08-12-2002, 09:23 PM
you will get the same mileage. All the sport button does is change the throttle mapping. So if you drive exactly the same with it on and with it off, your mileage will be the same. The point being made here is that it's hard to drive the same in sport mode as it revs up so fast.

JizDuet
08-12-2002, 11:10 PM
tested it! Funny how things become "obvious" once they've been established thru observation and experimentation.

Max
08-13-2002, 10:10 AM
push the pedal harder and get the same effect <shrug>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index