Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

RAW
08-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Anyone remember when someone posted info about how to mount a camera to the rear shelf (using the baby seat thingies)?

What's the link to that guy's site?

gonzalezcp
08-14-2002, 02:34 PM
But I took a 1 inch wide steel bar and painted it black. The bar has the dimensions of a ruler. Drilled two holes in ether end. One the size of the baby seat bolt. And one the size of the camera mount.

I used locking washers for the connection onto the rear deck and put a foam block under the assembly where it hangs over the top of the rear seat to stabalize any up and down flex.

Cost was about $15 and it works very well. I can use the zoom and mount to caputure and view I want. Most of the time I go wide and include the shifter so I can watch myself play Mario Andretti (spelling)

:)

Lincoln
08-14-2002, 02:54 PM
He on vacation, but should be back tommorrow. Post something for him then.

MAX@edgeracing
08-14-2002, 03:29 PM
For 'ya... if not I may post my own.

5-10 minute deal, very easy :)

MAX

shep01
08-14-2002, 05:28 PM

RAW
08-14-2002, 05:43 PM

shep01
08-14-2002, 06:51 PM
this is childs play - take out the center teather & look into the hole - it is a self thread nut at the shelf frame - now - the bolt that came out is the right size - you just need to get a longer one & a couple of washers & a camera mount - any style works, quick disconect, thumb screw type - as long as it accomodates your camera - then you just place a washer on top of the mount - bolt it in & it is tight & perfect - also helps if you're alone to remove the passenger headreast for better field of vision - remove it 7 you'll see - 5 min operation if everything goes wrong

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index