Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MetalMan LA
09-18-2002, 01:10 PM
is dragging their feet and taking their time on a claim. Many of you might remember, I got rear ended last week and the other guy's insurance has yet to approve the claim. How long does it take for this process to happen. I never had to deal with any auto insurance till now. BTW, their insurance is Viking/Orion. This is getting frustrating.

gregwminmmoregon
09-18-2002, 01:15 PM

it...rpm3
09-18-2002, 01:16 PM

MetalMan LA
09-18-2002, 01:18 PM

sabre20
09-18-2002, 01:24 PM
The thing she was always wary of was someone calling her supervisor. Try to find out who the supervisor is by calling the regional office. The adjuster might not give you the right person. People in her office used to give the name and number of another adjuster that would cover for them when someone asked for a supervisor. Go above their head and things start rolling.

Threatening to get an attorney involved does nothing. Insurance companies have a legal deparment that deals with attorneys. The adjuster will be happy to send your case over to them. They don't have to deal with you anymore and it still counts as a clearance for the adjuster. They might just stop working on your case. It's better to put their time into another case since yours will already be a clearance once your attorney steps in.

Also bring up the insurance commission, or whatever it's called in your state. The company, and especially the adjuster, don't want them involved. Not too many people think to do that so when it happens they drop all their other work and clear your case first. Better to get rid of you and piss off someone else that doesn't know how to get them in trouble.

<br><font color=#65625E><font size=1><font>

nbg
09-18-2002, 01:24 PM

Aaron
09-18-2002, 01:26 PM
Tell them to give you your MONEY NOW !!!!!!!!

Trust me it works.

sabre20
09-18-2002, 01:30 PM
That could speed up the process, or it could cause them to kick it over to their fraud division. <br><font color=#65625E><font size=1><font>

MetalMan LA
09-18-2002, 01:40 PM
(except for rmp3's :-) ) I'll take it up another appropriate notch each day untill this thing gets resolved. I'll keep everyone posted of the result.

Big-g
09-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Sabre's advice is really good. Avoid legal grandstanding. It's a business. The other thing to try would be putting pen to paper (finger to keyboard) and getting out a letter cc'd to the insurance commission of the state, and sent by registered mail. You may not want to cc the letter until they drop the ball. Then you can send it again, kvetching about how they ignored you and now, against your will you were forced to cc the insurance commission... They'll move if you are willing to do that. It's a little bit of a pain in the butt to gather the requisite information, but I almost guarantee you will get a prompt, and fair response.

oddlycalm
09-18-2002, 06:16 PM
Lay out the situation, and given them somewhere on the order of five business days to wrap up the process. At the end of that time, send another letter to management level person along with state insurance board.

Remember too that ultimate responsibility is with the person who drove the other car. If their insurance company are stiffs, that doesn't mean they are off the hook.

oc

YoYoPedro
09-18-2002, 08:45 PM
<br>Pedro

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index