Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Greg
10-16-1998, 02:44 PM
Teflon tape on the shift threads works great for securing the shift knob, but what do you do when the upper part (chrome piece) of the shift lever spins on the lower part (piece with ball that connects to shift linkage)?

BigDog
10-19-1998, 12:57 PM
<i>: Teflon tape on the shift threads works great for securing the shift knob, but what do you do when the upper part (chrome piece) of the shift lever spins on the lower part (piece with ball that connects to shift linkage)? <p></i><p>Greg,<br>I'm thinking I remember dissassembling that part when I installed a short shift kit. All the guts to that thingy are held in there with a split ring at the bottom. At the top of the inside part there is a rubber thingy (for lack of a better term). If you're spinning, it's probably shot. Don't know about getting replacements for that. I think my short shift kit (BMP) came with one. I'll look to see if I've got the old one, and maybe I could mail it to you. Good luck.<p>---------------<br>BigDog<br>PSR BMW ACA<br>'76 2002 (SoapDish)<br>'88 325<br>'95 Ram 2500<br>

Greg
10-20-1998, 07:53 PM
Thanks a bundle...I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index