Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

davidmillerm3
11-25-2002, 06:15 PM
I am fairly experienced in BMW driving schools (have done 18 schools with my E36 M3) and I am looking for advise on what tires to get for an e46 M3 with stock suspension. On the e36 I always ran on Yokohamas A032 and was very happy with the traction and ability to mount them at home and drive to the track - What would you recommend (including brand and size?)
THANKS!

Ed
11-25-2002, 06:33 PM
want to trash them, get some old hard ones to use up at the school. The less tread the better. The aim of the school is to learn to drive, not to go fast, and the older clapped out tyres will bemore educational.

With sticky tyres, you will go faster but learn less.

Paesan
11-25-2002, 07:02 PM
I disagree, I don't think that with sticky tires you learn less. Just my point of view. I think getting old tires is a waste of time and no fun. Having no traction is NO FUN. Why would anyone risk their 30K car just to be slower in the corners than anyone else, even a 318ti with hoosiers.
Real track tires should NOT be driven on the road.

Ed
11-26-2002, 10:36 AM
rn to drive the car. Sure you'll be faster on the gumballs but what do you want to do in a school, be fast or learn to drive?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index