Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mikes03///M3
11-27-2002, 11:23 PM
He admitted there was a bearing problem in the M3's. He said that BMW's bearing supplier made a design error, i.e. incorrect tolerances. After three of four months, BMW realized from the feedback of service technicians that there was a flaw with the bearings. I asked " Why BMW did not contact the owners of the vehicles involved?" He said that they were sent letters and the response rate was very low. Anyone receive letters from BMWNA? Doubt it! He did not specify the months involved, but from Jason's web site it is easy to figure out. The BMWNA rep just confirmed everything we knew, but at least he admitted that BMW had a problem. He did say that BMW is replacing the engines with the bearing failures at BMW's expense. Maybe BMW does not know how many engines will blow, so they are going to replace them as they Kaboom!

StMedina
11-27-2002, 11:30 PM
just joking...<br><font color=maroon><font size=1><font>

CorpusChristi,TX

jason2
11-27-2002, 11:36 PM
bearing failures in cars from 9/00 through 3/02. That's 18 months affected not 3 or 4. The bullshėt will never stop with this problem.

FD3S
11-27-2002, 11:46 PM

WFBMWM3
11-28-2002, 12:47 AM
problem, Jason. I'm tired of carrying you. :)
You're one of the true good guys. Hope you have a great holiday.

jason2
11-28-2002, 01:16 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index