Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

jason2
12-06-2002, 12:53 AM
<a href="http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e_article000112800.cfm">http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e_article000112800.cfm</a>

Thanks to the asses at publications like Automobile Jerkoff Magazine giving Bangle the 'man of the year' award, it will be harder for them to get rid of Bangle even if they wanted to. Bunch of assbags.

sabre20
12-06-2002, 12:57 AM
He really only offends long-time BMW enthusiasts. Everyone I know that isn\'t a BMW enthusiast loves the new cars. <br><font color=#65625E><font size=2>
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
San Diego, CA

jason2
12-06-2002, 01:03 AM
<i>Everyone I know that isn't a BMW enthusiast loves the new cars.</i>

If they're not a BMW enthusiast then they're not car enthusiasts in general. BMW has always been a brand targeted for the real enthusiast NOT the masses who buy cars solely for transportation. BMW is making their cars into trendy consumer goods and ignoring the enthusiasts.

sabre20
12-06-2002, 01:10 AM
BMW has moved to the mass-market and away from enthusiasts. Audi is trying to fill that void and become what BMW used to be. It really sucks to us enthusiasts but most people are all for it. That means profits and a lot of new sales for BMW.

My GF\'s friend is over right now. She just bought a new Z4. First new car she\'s ever bought. Knows nothing about cars and certainly not an auto or BMW enthusiast. She loves the direction BMW is headed.

I\'m with you on this, I don\'t like it either. Hopefully they will still maintain certain models to our standards, like the M3. Otherwise I may not be a BMW enthusiast much longer, at least not the new models.<br><font color=#65625E><font size=2>
San Diego, CA

jason2
12-06-2002, 01:16 AM
Prada handbag :)

I had high hopes for Audi after all the spin they've been putting out about building more enthusiast targeted cars, however their new S4 looks like a big disappointment. We'll see.

I hope your right about BMW keeping certain models enthusiast targeted but it's looking like the Bangle virus is running rampant throughout the company.

sabre20
12-06-2002, 01:50 AM
They look great when she\'s not in it too though.<br><font color=#65625E><font size=2>
San Diego, CA

sabre20
12-06-2002, 02:07 AM
Just went outside to check out the new Z4. It\'s a Z3. \"What\'s the difference?\" God bless her slutty little heart and man-made chest though.<br><font color=#65625E><font size=2>
San Diego, CA

styles
12-06-2002, 09:54 AM
but guys on this board, so worried about the next time chris bangle is about to blow his nose...with all the SPY SHOTS, and poking fun....wait people....wait for the car to be introduced.....see it in person, then judge it on its merits.

from the chatter on this board you would think Bangle has single-handidly caused the demise of BMW....relax. Last time i looked, BMW sales are up while every other major car manufacturer across the globe's sales are down, with the exception of porsche.

styles
12-06-2002, 10:00 AM
who actually like the new 7 AND the Z4.

one thing i've learned in life is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone. all you can go on is what works for the intended demographic BMW is shooting for....thats it. that simple.

like everyone in a high profile position, Bangle has his work cut out.....a little patience is in order. If the new 5 bombs, it will be reflected in the sales numbers...not what a few major voices on Roadfly's M3 forum have to say about it. Bad sales for the 5, Bangle goes....Good/Great sales he stays....i guarantee you many of the guys who claim Bangle is the devil reincarnate on this forum would NOT bet against the new 5. (flame suit ON)

styles
12-06-2002, 10:01 AM

WFBMWM3
12-06-2002, 10:52 AM

N Demand
12-06-2002, 01:46 PM
and see,however IMO and others on this board if future models incorporate the new 7 design...I will be switching sides. e46 m3 design e39 M5 design are winners...

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index