Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

kartikchandar
12-10-2002, 07:00 PM
The car takes off around 2K RPM while accelerating, before that it accelerates at a much slower pace....read about the same at the FAQ but was not sure what the answer is. Should it happen or not?
<br><font size=3 face="Arial">'02 </font><B><font size=2 face="Arial" color="#A0A0A0">TiAG</font><font size=2 face="Arial" color="#000000">Blk</font></B><br>
<font size=2 face="Arial">Santa Ana, CA</font>

mcrumpton
12-10-2002, 07:08 PM
From my understanding it is two things. One the computer on the drive by wire does this with a non linear travel to give it this certain feel and also even though it is variable cam time does not mean it does not come onto the cam at this low of a rpm. It is not infinite variable timing. Just what I have heard <br>TENN. M3

StahlGrauM3
12-10-2002, 07:11 PM
Perhaps you are used to driving a V8 which has more torque at lower revs. The I6 needs to be reved to get the most out of it

kartikchandar
12-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Thanks,
So I assume that its the way it should be....
BTW my last car was 1994 Mazda Protege (4 cyl) so this much power/torque is all new and I am loving it.

<br><font size=3 face="Arial">'02 </font><B><font size=2 face="Arial" color="#A0A0A0">TiAG</font><font size=2 face="Arial" color="#000000">Blk</font></B><br>
<font size=2 face="Arial">Santa Ana, CA</font>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index